Thursday, May 10, 2007

Genesis

It is time.

For a long time now I've listened--or read, as the case may be. Despite wanting to have a place to share my voice, I have hesitated. I think it is for the same reason I don't play golf. About the time I started to develop an interest in golf, it became popular. Everyone was playing golf, and that was reason enough for me not to.

Similarly, about the time I had intentions of putting my thoughts into the virtual world, everyone was blogging. So I waited. Surely, I thought, there is too much to sift through for anyone to ever find what I have to say. But I am aware that there are a great number of people with too much time on their hands, so it is possible that someone, somewhere will take the time to read my humble words.

I do feel I have something important to contribute to public discourse. I don't intend to be one of those, "Dude, last weekend I saw Spiderman" stream-of-consciousness bloggers. Life is too short to waste reading about trivial lives.

Instead, I would like to share thoughts and ask questions that have often taken years to form. There is a Chinese proverb that goes "May you be cursed to live in interesting times." We are so cursed. I might as well write about it.

It is time.

No comments: